*New Product Line* YellaWood SuperSelect® KDAT
Wood that is KDAT, or Kiln Dried After Treatment, provides many advantages that make it the first choice for homeowners who prefer the natural beauty and character of real wood for their outdoor projects.
In fact, professional deck builders will tell you that nothing beats the appearance and long lasting quality of a deck built with YellaWood KDAT pressure treated wood.
How It’s Different
Following pressure treatment, KDAT products are placed in a large oven, or kiln, where excess moisture is removed and the wood is returned to its original moisture content. Because the kiln offers a controlled environment and the wood is dried evenly, this process helps minimize the natural tendency of freshly treated wood to shrink, cup and warp.
With a stiffer and more dimensionally stable product, you’ll minimize after- installation issues that occur when regular pressure treated wood dries naturally.
It also means you’re free to finish your project any way you see fit without having to wait. By comparison, freshly treated wood may take weeks or months to dry naturally enough to be finished.
Why the Pros Use KDAT Products
Pros use YellaWood® KDAT because it provides you the luxurious appeal of a composite deck while maintaining a completely natural look at a fraction of the price.
- Ready to paint, stain or seal immediately
- Minimize natural tendency to shrink, cup and warp
- Weighs less than freshly treated lumber
- More strength and stiffness
- Increased holding power
- Dried to original moisture content
- Easier to handle, cut and install
- Light, natural color for easy staining, painting or sealing
- Pressure treated protection against rot, fungal decay and termite attack
- Backed by a lifetime limited warranty.