Creating Fun Jack-O-Lanterns with Power Tools
It is that time of year again! Get ready to decorate your home with goblins, witches, and black cats…Halloween will soon be here. Pumpkin carving is one of those fun activities that we all look forward to doing. It gets our creative juices going! You can make any design you want! And, especially for dad’s out there, how fun it would be to carve the pumpkin using your power tools!
Get creative with your tool chest and the bright orange pumpkin sitting on the table awaiting its carving. Here are some ways that you can use your tools to make some cute…and scary…jack-o-lanterns this Halloween.
- Use your jigsaw to cut the top off of the pumpkin.
- Dremels are a great tool to use to create intricate designs. Dremels are used in pumpkin carving by not cutting completely through the pumpkin, but by etching instead. This gives a spooky, glowing effect to the pumpkin when lit.
- Most pumpkin carver’s least favorite part of making a jack-o-lantern is getting the gooey guts out of the center. You can make it easier on yourself by using your drill. Buy an attachment that will mix up and loosen the insides so that you can easily remove them.
- Your drill can be used to poke holes into the side of the gourd, making interesting designs. Keep the holes symmetrical, or make them random.
- Oscillating tools can perform a wide range of tasks, but it is also great when it comes to pumpkin carving. You can cut out eyes, nose and even scary eyebrows and ears!!
Although you could resort to the ol’ spoon and kitchen knife for pumpkin carving, why not break out the power tools and make it easier for yourself? And get creative! Shell Lumber is located at 2733 S.W. 27th Avenue Miami, Florida 33133, visit us online or give us a call locally at 305-856-6401 or Toll Free 800-621-6391.