Five Fun DIY Backyard Games
Living in the warm Florida weather has the perk of spending a lot of time with friends and family in the back yard. Dinner parties, birthday parties, play time with kids and many other events take place in our back yards. Add to the memorable times with these DIY backyard games:
- Giant Jenga: using 54 – 2” x 4” wooden boards, sand and stain or paint in colorful colors to create this fun game. We can cut them to 10.5” long to make this game that all ages will love.
- Ring Toss: everyone remembers this game that we played as children. All you need is a round wooden board, six dowels, paint, super glue, duct tape and thick rope. Sand, paint and seal the wooden board and dowels. Paint the dowels different colors, which will determine each dowel’s points. Attach the dowels onto the round board. Cut the rope into six pieces, glue the ends together forming a ring, then tape the area that you glued with a large piece of duct tape. All set to play!!
- Corn Hole: a popular Midwest game similar to the game Horseshoes, participants throw bean bags toward a tilted board in the hopes that they will drop the bag through the hole cut at the top. Tutorials to make this game can be found online. Paint the boards in your favorite team colors for game day parties!
- Gigantic Chess Set: this is a strategic game that people of all ages will love to play!Set out 32 – 12 x12 tiles in an alternating pattern on a flat area of your lawn to create the giant chess board. You can buy giant chess pieces online at various stores.
- Bowling Alley: this takes a bit more constructing on your part, but it is well worth the effort. Secure many long boards side by side after sanding and painting it to create your “alley”. Attach two boards onto either side of the alley, perpendicular to the other boards, so that the bowling ball doesn’t roll off when thrown. Purchase a children’s bowling set at your local store. Invite friends over and have a blast!
Your backyard parties will be the talk of the neighborhood with all of the fun games for guests to play. Now all you need to do is to create this competitive playground, invite your friends, make some food and have a fun time!
We can help you make this a reality. Stop in to Shell Lumber and we’ll ensure that you have all of the materials you will need for your projects. Visit us at 2733 S.W. 27th Avenue Miami, Florida 33133, visit us online at www.shelllumber.com or give us a call locally at 1-305-856-6401 or Toll Free 1-800-621-6391.