Shell Lumber Partners with YellaWood®
As of recent, we have partnered with YellaWood®, a company dedicated to offering premium pressure treated pine. Being the sole provider in the Miami area, we are excited to share this superior lumber with our customers.
YellaWood® uses a specific chemical, micronized copper preservative, to pressure treat their pine wood. They have found that a micronized copper suspension results in a smoother, more attractive surface to the wood. This makes it easier for you to stain, or paint, the finished project.
Pressure treated lumber is important to use in any outdoor building project. Exposure to outdoor elements such as rain, snow, heat and cold can increase the likelihood decay of the wood’s inner structure. Pests, fungus and rot are all common in non-pressure treated wood. Avoid these problems from the start by incorporating YellaWood® into your project.
Even though the wood is treated, you will still need to stain and seal the wood after installation. This protects it from outside elements, while pressure treatment guards the inner structure of the wood.
What types of projects would you use YellaWood®?
Basically, any outdoor project would benefit from using pressure treated pine. It is the best defense to a termite attack or decay due to fungus. Decks, tree houses, sand boxes, garden boxes, deck furniture, a swing set, a dog house, backyard games such as corn hole, and hammock swings are some home do-it-yourself projects that it would be beneficial to use YellaWood®.
The product types that are available:
- Decking: Many widths, thicknesses, profiles and lengths to choose from.
- Columns: hollow core makes these lightweight, yet durable and strong.
- Fencing: Pickets, dog ear, gothic, gates and split rail are types offered.
- Railing: Handrails, spindles and balusters that will make your project pop!
- Siding: Add the warmth of wood to the outside of you home.
- Timbers: The basis for support on many outdoor projects.
- Lattice: Add flair to your home by using lattice as a deck skirt, privacy screen or on an arbor.
We are confident that you will love this product as much as we do! Come on down to Shell Lumber to discuss your lumber needs. Shell Lumber is at 2733 S.W. 27th Avenue Miami, Florida 33133. Also, visit us online at www.shelllumber.com or give us a call locally at 1-305-856-6401 or Toll Free 1-800-621-6391.