Spray Paint like the Pro’s!
How could you get it wrong? You hold the can, aim and squirt – right?
It seems when you ask the Pro’s there is more to it. Not to worry. One quick article and we will have you spray painting with the best.
- If you can paint outside (for furniture and other movable items) do. Ventilation is important. If you must paint indoors wear a respirator, a cloth dust mask isn’t enough.
- When you buy the paint, purchase a handle too. Those cans can be tough on your hand and wrist otherwise.
- Make sure the object to be painted is sanded down and smooth. Spray paint will make bumps or flaws stand out.
- Motion: Sweep the can back and forth right and left as you spray
- Always use a drop cloth. You may not notice fine paint mist getting away from you while you paint, but assuredly there is going to be spatter.
- Raise up whatever you are painting if possible. It’s better for your back and allows you to see all sides more easily.
- For a flawless finish – Double coat it. Once you have the object fully painted don’t wait for it to dry. Go right back and do a second coat. This will give you a flawless finish.
- Let it dry. Double the recommended drying time and make sure it’s good and set. There is nothing worse than doing an amazing paint job only to smudge it out of impatience.
Still have questions? Come on in to Shell Lumber and Hardware and chat with us. Our staff is knowledgeable and ready to help.
Shell Lumber & Hardware is located at 2733 S.W. 27th Avenue Miami, Florida 33133. They can be reached by phone locally at: 305-856-6401 or Toll Free: 800-621-6391. You can also visit us online at http://shelllumber.com/ to learn more.