Fun with Lattice
Lattice is an amazingly versatile and creative building material that is often overlooked. When installing lattice here in Florida it is important to either use pressure treated wood or vinyl as it is a highly corrosive environment between the humidity, bugs and the salt sea air.
Lattice offers the ability to place walls without totally sealing off areas – it offers airflow, and visual expansive openness. It is light weight, sturdy and easy to cut and build with.
Lattice adds a lovely decorative touch of class to a large array of outdoor projects including:
- Porch and patio covers and accents
- Deck skirting and accents
- Spa and hot tub enclosures
- Garden fencing
- Enclosures for unsightly areas
- Outdoor ceilings and garden shading
- Planter boxes/deck planters
- Foundation skirting
- Use lattice to replace outer door panels in breezeways and entries
Though not thought of as an indoor material lattice can be quite versatile in use.
Here are a few indoor ideas:
- Lattice can be used in conjunction with moldings to create a unique wall texture
- Framed and painted, lattice makes a very artistic headboard for your bed
- Hung above a kitchen island, can be used as a pot rack, just add some metal hooks
- Cut in to two triangles you can use it to mount shelves in workshops. The holes can then be utilized to slide dowels or pipes though for storage
- It can make a great display for craft shows
For more ideas or help implementing them come on in to Shell Lumber and Hardware.
Shell Lumber & Hardware is located at 2733 S.W. 27th Avenue Miami, Florida 33133. We can be reached by phone locally at: 305-856-6401 or Toll Free: 800-621-6391. You can also visit us online at http://shelllumber.com/ to learn more.